For security reasons, we recently changed our policy for connecting to c4 web servers via FTP. You must now use FTPS vs. the former FTP which was supported. This FAQ provides information on setting up FTPS for Adobe Contribute 6.5. Earlier versions of Contribute do not support FTPS connections.
- From the File menu, click the Edit menu , then click the My Connections option.
Edit > My Connections menu in Contribute 6.5
- Click the Create button.
Create Connection Button in Contribute 6.5
- Assuming that you do not have a connection key, click the Next button.
- Type the URL to your website, then press the Next button.
- Select FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit encryption), then press the Next button.
Select FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit encryption)
- Provide the FTPS server, FTPS username and FTPS password, then click the Next button.
Provide FTPS Credentials
- To trust the server certificate, click the Yes button. Certificate name should be *.c4.net (unless your site has its own SSL certificate), and the certificate date should be valid.
Trust the c4.net Server Certificate
- Leave the remote path information field blank, click the Next button.
- Provide your name and email address, click the Next button.
- Select your Contribute Role (this is Publisher unless otherwise instructed), click the Next Button.
- Click the Done button.