The following instructions will walk you through setting up an Email Account using Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016. These instructions are intended for c4 customers only. Depending on the type of Email Account you are setting up (@c4.net or @yourdomain.com account) you will need to provide slightly different information. These differences are described below.
Manually Configuring your Email Account
- Start Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File menu tab
- Click on the Add Account button from the Account Information area
- Select the radio button for "Manual setup or additional server types"
- Click Next
- Select the radio button for "POP or IMAP"
- Click Next
- Configure general account settings:
Your Name = your name as you want it to appear on emails you send
Email Address = the full email address
Account Type = POP3
Incoming and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) =
For @c4.net Email Accounts:
Incoming mail server = mailman.c4.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) = mailman.c4.net
For @yourdomainname.com Email Accounts:
Incoming mail server = mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) = mail.yourdomain.com
- Leave "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)" unchecked
- By default, Outlook is set to deliver new mail messages for the account to a New Outlook Data file. If, however, you would like to have new mail messages deliver to an existing Outlook data file, change that setting in the 'Deliver new messages to' area of this screen. Use the Browse button to locate the existing file you wish to append messages to.
- Click the More Settings button, and select the Outgoing Server tab
- Make sure the 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' option is selected, along with 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server'
Outgoing Server settings screenshot
- Select the Advanced tab
- Set the Outgoing Server field to 587
Advanced tab Outgoing Server settings
- Click the OK button
- Click the Next button to make a connection to the server and test the configuration. When you see the success message, you are ready to start using the email account with Outlook.