Hurricane Irene is on its way. We encourage everyone to be prepared and ready, and keep checking with your local radio and TV stations for updates on the storm. We've got a few helpful resource links to share:
- The Weather Channel's online Storm Coverage
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety Checklist
- Hurricane Tracker App - The New York Times
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
- National Hurricane Center
When it comes to computers, you should shut down you computer when you know the storm is approaching. Unplug the computer from wall outlets and any physical connections like wired LAN ports, modem ports, and USB connections to cable modems. You should turn off and disconnect any device that connects from the inside of your home to the outside.