Fourth of July on Cape Cod
It must be July 4th on Cape Cod. The roads are filled with summer visitors, and the lines at Dunkin' Donuts are starting to snake out the doors.
There are plenty of events and happenings around town planned for the week of July 4th, for a list of current events, check out Cape Events.
This year the Orleans Fourth of July parade is dedicated to Ken Alman who passed away suddenly on May 4, 2007 at 70 years old. He was a dear friend to all of us at c4.net and will always be remembered. Ken owned and operated the Nauset Lantern Shop for many years. He was a past president of the Orleans Chamber of Commerce and was parade master for the July 4th parade. He was a 20 year member of the Orleans Yacht Club and well known throughout Orleans for his wit, excellence, and personality.
Here is a list of parades happening on the Fourth of July:
- Eldredge Parkway in Orleans at 10:00am
- Main St. in Chatham at 9:30am
- Main St. in Falmouth at 11:00am
- Main St. in Hyannis at 4:00pm
- Commercial St. in Provincetown at 11:00am
- Starting at the Henry Wing School in Sandwich at 10:00am
- Starting at the Town Pier in Wellfleet at 10:00am
- Starting at the Centerville Elementary School in Centerville at 10am
- Starting at the Cotuit Post Office in Cotuit at 11am
- Railroad Ave in Barnstable at 10am
- Hyannis Boat Parade at 1pm at the Hyannis Yacht Club
If you're looking for baseball, tune in and catch the Boston Red Sox take on the Devil Rays at Fenway. The game starts at 1:05PM EST, and will be carried on NESN and MLB.TV. On the Cape and Islands, you can also catch some great live baseball. The Cape Cod Baseball League has 5 games scheduled for July 4th, so head on out and take in a game! Here's a link to the Cape Cod Baseball League Summer Schedule, including games scheduled for the fourth of July.
Here's a list of fireworks scheduled on July 4th on the Cape and Islands:
- Provincetown Fireworks at MacMillan Pier, at dusk.
- Nantucket Fireworks at Jetties Beach, at dusk.
- Falmouth Fireworks at Falmouth Heights Beach, at dusk.
- Martha's Vineyard Fireworks at Edgartown Harbor, at dusk.