This article assumes you already have a mail account setup on your iPhone, and are looking to change the settings so that you can delete mail instead of archive it. This article applies to iOS 7.
- Go into Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts & Calendars, and tap on your email account that is listed.
- Tap on Account.
- Tap on Advanced at the bottom of the screen.
- Where it reads "Move Discarded Messages Into", tap on the Deleted Mailbox option.
- Now when you swipe on an email message from your Inbox, you will have an option to put it in the "Trash".