AVG 2012 Update
If you are using AVG as your anti-virus protection, you will be prompted to upgrade it to AVG 2012. AVG will display a pop-up message in the system tray area (lower right hand corner of your monitor) indicating that "AVG Anti-virus free needs to be upgraded". Before upgrading AVG you should save all your work and close out of any programs that you are currently running. Depending on the speed of your Internet connection this process may take a few to several minutes to complete.
To upgrade your AVG anti-virus to AVG 2012 we recommend you follow these steps:
- Press the "Update Now" button which appears on the AVG pop-up message in system tray indicating that "AVG Anti-virus free needs to be upgraded"
- The installation process will initialize and start to run
- The EULA agreement will be presented, review it and then press "Accept"
- Choose which AVG product you want to install. To keep running the free AVG version, select the "Basic Protection" option presented on the left and then press "Next"
- Deselect both options presented on the following screen, asking if you would like to make AVG your Security Toolbar and press "Next"
- The installation will continue to run and may take a few minutes at this stage
- Deselect the option for "I want to improve my security by participating…" and leave the next option for news and security updates deselected as well
- Optionally select an option to let AVG know why you chose their anti-virus product and press "Restart Now"
- AVG 2012 will finish installing and your machine will reboot at this point. When your machine starts back up again it will now be running AVG 2012 and you are finished with the upgrade.